--Well, other countries didn't get the hype. For them, a middle finger is innocent . . . and they've got their OWN hand gestures that mean "EFF YOU." Here are some good ones from around the world.
1. England. Make a peace sign, but keep your palm facing your body. Iran. The thumbs up there is like the middle finger here.
2. Greece. Hold up your palm at someone with your fingers and thumb all spread apart, like you're gesturing for a high five.
3. Russia. Make a fist, then have your thumb stick out between your index and middle fingers. Like playing "got your nose."
4. India and Pakistan. Put the tip of your thumb in your mouth while the rest of your fingers are curled up in a fist. Then flick your hand forward.
5. Egypt. The offensive gesture there is the reverse middle finger . . . stick up your index, ring, and pinky fingers but keep your middle finger tucked down.